Daily Orthodox Resources
New to Orthodoxy?
Praying at Home
We would like to offer a few online resources and texts for you to use at home. These are not meant to replace the liturgical offices but to provide parishioners who are at home a way to stay connected to the prayers of the Church. We are all on this journey to Christ's Pascha together, wherever we may be.
- General Intercession:: A template to pray for the Church and the world at home
- Daily Texts You can access the daily service information if you would like to sing the hymns of the day/troparion or kontakion/readings of the day
- Daily Readings for each day
- Akathist of Thanksgiving or the Akathist Glory to God for all things. It may be helpful for us to practice giving thanks to God in difficult times
- You can listen to it here
- Typika (Readers Service) Typika Service for Sunday if you are at home. You may also want to look at the previous link for the hymns and readings of the Sunday. You may be familiar with these melodies for the Typika antiphon:
- Vespers Resources: All music and text needed to follow along with vespers
- Akathist to the Theotokos text for Fridays of Lent: If you are at home you can pray the verses read by the priest along with the Canon
- Great Canon for the Fifth Week of Lent (St Mary of Egypt) f you are at home, replace the litanies (prayers) with Lord Have Mercy x 12
- The Lenten Triodion, the guide book for Lent
- Holy Week Music